Saying Goodbye to Truecaller

RBGM

After the recent update that removed my verified profile, I wanted to share my decision to leave Truecaller. I truly valued having that badge, especially in my role as a CSR in my office, where trust in communication is vital. Unfortunately, the new verification process relying on UPI doesn’t apply to me, as I’m outside India and don’t use that system.

If the Truecaller team can restore my verified badge, I would happily return to the platform. I appreciate the service and community, and I hope for the best for everyone.

Thank you for your understanding!

• Share on WhatsApp

• Truecaller Team
Nandeeny
42 minutes ago, RBGM said:

After the recent update that removed my verified profile, I wanted to share my decision to leave Truecaller. I truly valued having that badge, especially in my role as a CSR in my office, where trust in communication is vital. Unfortunately, the new verification process relying on UPI doesn’t apply to me, as I’m outside India and don’t use that system.

If the Truecaller team can restore my verified badge, I would happily return to the platform. I appreciate the service and community, and I hope for the best for everyone.

Thank you for your understanding!

We noticed multiple instances of users getting the blue tick but the identity of the number and the user were not the same. This is misleading and has the potential to be misused by fraudsters. Truecaller has always put users safety first and we want our people to trust every call that they answer. A new, more secure method for user identification is being introduced, where Premium users can verify their identity through the bank associated with their UPI ID. This change is to ensure misuse of the verified badge and make the process more secure.

At the moment, the verification through UPI is only available in India. We're working on a solution for other regions and hope to have more details to share with you soon. We appreciate your understanding here.

• Share on WhatsApp

9 hours ago, Nandeeny said:

We noticed multiple instances of users getting the blue tick but the identity of the number and the user were not the same. This is misleading and has the potential to be misused by fraudsters. Truecaller has always put users safety first and we want our people to trust every call that they answer. A new, more secure method for user identification is being introduced, where Premium users can verify their identity through the bank associated with their UPI ID. This change is to ensure misuse of the verified badge and make the process more secure.

At the moment, the verification through UPI is only available in India. We're working on a solution for other regions and hope to have more details to share with you soon. We appreciate your understanding here.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my concerns. I appreciate your efforts to enhance security and prevent misuse of the verified badge. As a Customer Service Representative, having a verified profile is crucial for my role, and I was disappointed to lose my badge with the recent update.

I understand the concerns about misleading profiles, and I fully support your initiative to improve the verification process. In the meantime, I would like to propose an alternative solution: I can provide a government-issued document to verify my identity or my name until your global update is implemented.

The verification badge is important for my work, and I hope this suggestion can help bridge the gap until a more comprehensive solution is available.

I appreciate your understanding, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Normal Truecaller User

• Share on WhatsApp