Unmasking the 419 Scam Happening In Nigeria!!

Priyanka Sharma

B I U

• Share on WhatsApp

great work truecaller 

• Like 1
  • Share on WhatsApp

0906 183 9093 

• Share on WhatsApp

Fork scammers 

• Share on WhatsApp

Say no scamers

• Share on WhatsApp

These scammers aren't wise atall, When you see their messages sometimes it's copy and paste.......

I have experienced this several times...

• Share on WhatsApp

Thank for the update 🙏🙏

• Share on WhatsApp

Automatic delete when call

• Like 1
  • Share on WhatsApp

B I U

• Share on WhatsApp

Thanks for this 

• Share on WhatsApp

Thanks for this 

• Share on WhatsApp

Ok and what is the most important thing to do to avoid this 

• Share on WhatsApp

How do we prevent it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Share on WhatsApp

Thanks true caller 

• Share on WhatsApp

Thanks for this although am a victim of the scammer they ask me to invest money and I will get the double interest back. I invested 20k for me to know if is real but few minutes later a man called me and said I should send another 30k which I did few minutes later this same call me again to send another 30k to clarify everything which I foolishly did 20 minutes later he transfer me to another person to chat me up and they were demanding for another 20k that's when I discover have fall into the scammer hand although I didn't send the 20k but have lost 80k already before I realize it they call the platform opay investment.

• Share on WhatsApp

What step should we take?😫

• Share on WhatsApp

Nice one

• Share on WhatsApp

We have to be careful 

• Share on WhatsApp

I accepted 

• Share on WhatsApp

Hello 🤩 

• Share on WhatsApp

3 hours ago, shittu said:

B I U

what is B I U? 🧐

• Share on WhatsApp

Wow thanks for the information 

Thanks 

So amazing 

• Like 1
  • Share on WhatsApp

• Share on WhatsApp

On 5/29/2024 at 2:05 PM, Priyanka Sharma said:

Hi TrueTalks Community,

We are back again to talk about the most common scam in Nigeria, and it's happening more often than you might realize. Here's the scoop on what this scam is, how it tricks people, and what you can do to keep yourself safe.

What is the 419 Scam

The "419 scam," also known as the Nigerian Prince scam, is a notorious type of fraud named after the section of the Nigerian penal code that addresses fraud (Section 419). This scam has been around for decades and typically involves a compelling story that entices people to send money in advance with the promise of a larger reward that never materializes.

How the 419 Scam Works

Scammers target people through email, social media, or phone calls, pretending to be a Nigerian prince, government official, or wealthy individual needing help to transfer a large sum of money. They tell convincing stories about:

• A large inheritance needs a transfer.
  • Leftover funds from an overpaid government contract.
  • A dormant bank account from a deceased person with no heirs.
  • Winning a lottery or prize the victim didn't enter.

The person is promised a big share of the money if they help transfer it. To do this, the scammer asks for upfront fees, like legal costs, taxes, or bribes. After the initial payment, the scammer keeps inventing new expenses, asking for more money. Eventually, the scammer disappears, and the promised fortune never comes. The person loses their money with no way to recover it.

Red Flags and Common Tactics

• Unsolicited contact involving large sums of money.
  • Creating urgency for quick action without verification.
  • Requesting confidentiality, citing security or privacy reasons.
  • Using emotional stories to gain sympathy.
  • Emails with spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and awkward phrasing.
  • Offers that seem unbelievably profitable.

Protecting Yourself from 419 Scams

• Be suspicious of unsolicited messages promising large sums of money.
  • Independently verify the identity of the contact through official channels.
  • Avoid sending money to unknown or unverified people.
  • Research offers and individuals thoroughly for signs of scams.
  • Report suspected scams to authorities and relevant platforms.
  • Be cautious about sharing personal or financial information online or over the phone.
  • Always verify the details of the number on Truecaller.

The 419 scam is a widespread and harmful fraud that exploits an individual's trust and greed. Staying informed and vigilant helps protect against these scams.

Share your scam stories! What types of scams have you encountered? How did you identify and avoid them? Let’s raise awareness and support each other in staying safe.

Hey👋

Good to know info💡

Thanks for making us Truecaller users alert 🙂

• Share on WhatsApp

If you a Forex trader then follow this telegram channel to get access to free premium signals for your trades.

Telegram channel link below 👇
Https://t.me/HYCM_FX_Signals

• Share on WhatsApp