How are Truecaller's privacy settings and data management?

Paloma66

Hello everyone 🙂

I would like more information about how Truecaller's privacy settings affect my personal information. While I like how Truecaller makes it easy to identify callers and spammers,  I am worried about the security of my personal data and my privacy.

• What type of information does Truecaller receive from its customers? Are there any recent updates in the type of data collected?
  • How does Truecaller use the information it acquires? Are there any new services that make different use of customer data?
  • What protections does Truecaller set in place for ensuring user data security and protection? Has the condition of data security protocols changed recently?
  • What choices are available to users on the Truecaller platform for managing their data? Is it possible to change the settings that limit data sharing?
  • How does Truecaller inform customers of updates to its privacy policies? Are any updates given on a regular basis about changes to the policy?
  • Does Truecaller give outside companies use of user data? If so, how and by what conditions is user consent acquired?

Also I have gone through some post relevant to this  https://community.truecaller.com/forums/topic/377-how-truecaller-protect-looker-privacy/#comment-1152 but i want to know more about the privacy setting how Truecaller manages user information and ensures working communication. It's essential to me to make knowledgeable choices regarding the programs and services I use as a customer.

I would appreciate it if someone from Truecaller could provide guidance on these issues regarding privacy settings.
I hope your answers will help not just me but also other users with similar issues.
I appreciate your efforts .
Thanks in advance 🥰

Edited by Paloma66
  • Share on WhatsApp

• Truecaller Team
Vinutha
23 hours ago, Paloma66 said:

Hello everyone 🙂

I would like more information about how Truecaller's privacy settings affect my personal information. While I like how Truecaller makes it easy to identify callers and spammers,  I am worried about the security of my personal data and my privacy.

• What type of information does Truecaller receive from its customers? Are there any recent updates in the type of data collected?
  • How does Truecaller use the information it acquires? Are there any new services that make different use of customer data?
  • What protections does Truecaller set in place for ensuring user data security and protection? Has the condition of data security protocols changed recently?
  • What choices are available to users on the Truecaller platform for managing their data? Is it possible to change the settings that limit data sharing?
  • How does Truecaller inform customers of updates to its privacy policies? Are any updates given on a regular basis about changes to the policy?
  • Does Truecaller give outside companies use of user data? If so, how and by what conditions is user consent acquired?

Also I have gone through some post relevant to this  https://community.truecaller.com/forums/topic/377-how-truecaller-protect-looker-privacy/#comment-1152 but i want to know more about the privacy setting how Truecaller manages user information and ensures working communication. It's essential to me to make knowledgeable choices regarding the programs and services I use as a customer.

I would appreciate it if someone from Truecaller could provide guidance on these issues regarding privacy settings.
I hope your answers will help not just me but also other users with similar issues.
I appreciate your efforts .
Thanks in advance 🥰

Hey, Thanks for asking about privacy, We encourage you to review our privacy policy (available at: https://www.truecaller.com/privacy-policy#row), to better understand how we process personal information.

• Share on WhatsApp