Ask me anything (Truecaller CEO & co-founder)

Alan Mamedi

• Truecaller Team
Alan Mamedi
5 hours ago, waaeslamah44 said:

السلام عليكم ورحمه الله وبركاته 

تحظى تروكول بأهمية كثير من الناس ولكن في بعض الأحيان لا يعمل 

Thank you!

• Share on WhatsApp

• Truecaller Team
Alan Mamedi
11 hours ago, Nitya said:

Hey Alan👋

First of all CONGRATULATIONS on your successful platform Truecaller💐👌👍

Secondly, it's good to see you coming in the Truecaller Community for a Questionnaire round. 

Thirdly my Question to you is- Why you chose this name "TRUECALLER"?

Thanks a ton🙂

Good question! Nami and I tried to find a domain that was free and available because we couldn´t afford buying an already taken domain name so we used a service that would generate available domain names based on certain keywords that we entered and booom, Truecaller.com was available. That´s how we came up with the name 🙂

• Share on WhatsApp

• Truecaller Team
Alan Mamedi
23 hours ago, Georges franck said:

juste vous dire merci pour cette application 

merci!

• Share on WhatsApp

• Truecaller Team
Alan Mamedi
21 hours ago, Robbie Naidu said:

Why do other peoples description of ones identify in your app, weigh more in YOUR chosen description of them, rather than a persons right to self identify, by their own definition of their identity. Would love it if u could unpack the thinking behind your decision.

Over time it won´t depending on your usage. Can you give an example where it´s not working well for you? Community based data is always important

• Share on WhatsApp

Dear, I tried to verify my account by sharing it with friends, but I had no luck. I want to know the reason

• Share on WhatsApp

Ok Hi Alan I Am Krishna Gupta 

I am very excited to ask you a  question I know this question is very ridiculous but what you are going to do if your company suddenly go down and all the shares reduces you go in to a full period of loss??

Edited by GAMERDEVIZS
  • Share on WhatsApp

I bought a company phone number and unfortunately it got a  spam icon on it on truecaller

How to solve this issue because this number will be for a sales person. 

• Share on WhatsApp

Give me blu verified trick 

• Share on WhatsApp

I don't like seeing ads on Truecaller, how do I remove it free 

• Share on WhatsApp

• Truecaller Team
Vinutha
On 7/27/2024 at 11:28 AM, oye sonu said:

I don't like seeing ads on Truecaller, how do I remove it free 

Hey, removing ads completely is not free, you need to purchase the premium version for an ad-free experience. However, you can control how ads appear to you by navigating to Truecaller App > Settings > Privacy Center > Control how ads appear to you.
Please click the link to view our Premium features: https://www.truecaller.com/premium.

• Share on WhatsApp

Really hope it won't take a long time to be verified 

• Share on WhatsApp

On 7/18/2024 at 3:51 AM, Alan Mamedi said:

Dear Truecaller community,

I´m Alan, CEO and co-founder of Truecaller. Let´s do an Ask me anything and I will respond to your questions related to Truecaller, entrepreneurship etc. Go for it!

Ok.. I am literally being stalked and they have my information..including all 3 was 4 phone numbers.. I’m going to be switching my number over tomorrow but I have to change some things here first 

ok how can I find out who has been fraudulently trotting to use my cash app… I have numbers I’d like to search so I’m guessing i can do it here contact!  This is NOT me here obviously this guy says I’m his cousin..the one I’m talking to has been chatting with a impersonator of myself because she texted me like she knew me saying I knew you wouldn’t remember me..I am being stalked on every single app I have..what can I do before activating my new phone number IMG_2142.jpeg

• Share on WhatsApp

Hi please can you help me how to remove comment...i comment someone by mistake please help me 

• Share on WhatsApp

54 minutes ago, Lydia Khuptong said:

Hi please can you help me how to remove comment...i comment someone by mistake please help me 

• Share on WhatsApp

On 7/18/2024 at 2:21 PM, Alan Mamedi said:

Dear Truecaller community,

I´m Alan, CEO and co-founder of Truecaller. Let´s do an Ask me anything and I will respond to your questions related to Truecaller, entrepreneurship etc. Go for it!

Hi please can you help me to remove my comment to someone...i did by mistake please 

• Share on WhatsApp

• Truecaller Team
Vinutha
10 hours ago, Lydia Khuptong said:

Hi please can you help me to remove my comment to someone...i did by mistake please 

Hey Lydia, Could you please send me your number and the number you commented on via DM? I'll check with the team and get back to you.

• Share on WhatsApp

• 2 weeks later...

When somebody call me the phone rings, but there is no option for me to answer the call. The phone icon don't appeared on my phone to answer the call. Please help, I don't want to uninstalled  true caller but if the problem don't get resolved I will have no choice. 

• Share on WhatsApp

Hi Alan, I am an Android phone user (OnePlus ), for last few months I am facing issue with Truecaller, it stop identifying numbers automatically.

If I I remove the app and reinstall Truecaller then it works for 1-2 days it identify all calls and then it stops suddenly, I have checked all the settings but nothing works, I am facing this issues, Please help me to resolve this.

• Share on WhatsApp

Hi Alan, I'm not sure this AMA is still active, but wanted to ask a question. I've been a Trucaller Premium user for a year and love your service.

Have you considered offering call filters to your users? As an example, I find virtually all calls originating from Onvoy, LLC numbers to be spam, scams, or otherwise unwanted. I would love to be able to filter and automatically block these (and other VOIP) calls with Trucaller Premium.

Thank you!

• Share on WhatsApp

• 1 month later...

I am Rekha HR Manager in Workfreaks business services private limited( 91-9015126925 my number). I recruit people based on our requirements.But I cannot give jobs to everyone who approaches us. My number is listed as JOB Fraud and spam in Truecaller app . The Truecaller customer service closed my ticket saying they can't remove the spam brand on me. It's defaming me in front of others . I swear i never collected money for jobs or I  made multiple calls to make sure right person is recruited. I hope you help me in this.Rekha 91-9150126925

• Share on WhatsApp

@Rekha rekhaI have to be honest, your message looks like spam

• Share on WhatsApp