📱 I work as a designer on the Truecaller iPhone team - Give feedback and request features

GabrielForsberg

• Truecaller Team
GabrielForsberg

Hi TrueTalks community members! 👋
I work as a product designer on the Truecaller iPhone app and I would love to hear directly from you how we can make the Truecaller iOS experience as great as possible.

Some things we would like to understand better:

• Are there any features you would like to see added?
  • Is there anything in the app that doesn't work as it should?
  • In general, tell us how we can make the app better

We would also like to understand:

• What do you mostly use the app for?
    • Searching numbers
    • Identifying incoming calls
    • Filtering and identifying incoming SMS
    • Call recording
    • Truecaller Assistant

Your feedback is truly appreciated and it will go directly to the team working on the product.

Thank you!

• Share on WhatsApp

Hi

• Share on WhatsApp

• Truecaller Team
Nandeeny
On 4/27/2024 at 1:46 AM, maria_dr said:

Hi

Hey Maria, need help?

• Share on WhatsApp

Hello,

Greetings of the Day,

I am using this app from long, firstly i was using in android device like…i never save numbers , i usually search with caller id name from call history, but recently i moved to IOS and unable to search caller id by name as text is not allowed in search.. only numbers..

so please can you update the same with numbers plus text search option..it will be very helpfull. 

• Share on WhatsApp

Hi, using iPhone; 1.  When reporting received spam numbers I get a pop-up telling me to open the app, whereas search used to take me straight into the app; 2.  When manually updating the “Protect” within app, often I have to run this twice before it works; 3. Cost of the app - there used to be pricing options but now there is only premium option at around $9 per month. That’s very expensive. 

• Thanks 1
  • Share on WhatsApp

1. Better support for multiple lines (eSIM)
2. Ability to “train” the SMS filtering - I am getting a lot of spam SMS, and it’s filtering out stuff it shouldn’t be.

3. Put a button next to the search bar in the app that pastes a number from the clipboard (have a look at the Hiya app, which does this pretty well).

Hope that helps

• Share on WhatsApp

• Truecaller Team
GabrielForsberg
On 4/29/2024 at 9:22 AM, Sameem said:

Hello,

Greetings of the Day,

I am using this app from long, firstly i was using in android device like…i never save numbers , i usually search with caller id name from call history, but recently i moved to IOS and unable to search caller id by name as text is not allowed in search.. only numbers..

so please can you update the same with numbers plus text search option..it will be very helpfull. 

Thanks for the feedback, I will bring this back to the team!

• Share on WhatsApp

• Truecaller Team
GabrielForsberg
16 hours ago, benniem27 said:

Hi, using iPhone; 1.  When reporting received spam numbers I get a pop-up telling me to open the app, whereas search used to take me straight into the app; 2.  When manually updating the “Protect” within app, often I have to run this twice before it works; 3. Cost of the app - there used to be pricing options but now there is only premium option at around $9 per month. That’s very expensive. 

Hey Benniem
1. Is this when you're looking up a number on Truecaller from Apple's phone app?
2. This shouldn't happen, if it keeps happening please reach out to our support and they should be able to help you.
3. I understand, I will leave your input to the team. What are the features you feel like you're missing out on if you're not a Premium user?

• Share on WhatsApp

• Truecaller Team
GabrielForsberg
8 hours ago, BenF said:

1. Better support for multiple lines (eSIM)
2. Ability to “train” the SMS filtering - I am getting a lot of spam SMS, and it’s filtering out stuff it shouldn’t be.

3. Put a button next to the search bar in the app that pastes a number from the clipboard (have a look at the Hiya app, which does this pretty well).

Hope that helps

Hello Ben!
Great feedback! Regarding your third point about being able to paste a number from the clipboard. This is something that might come soon! Keep an eye out! 🙂

• Share on WhatsApp

RohitG
This post was recognized by RohitG!

BenF was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 1 points.

I’ve been thinking about how I can better use the TrueCaller assistant. Here are some features I think are missing:

- give me the option to Record all calls transferred from the assistant back to my mobile 

- allow me to customise the message when I reject a call from the assistant

- give me the option to divert a call to voicemail instead of just saying I’m not available

• Like 2
  • Share on WhatsApp

Adding onto my comment about support for multiple eSIM, apparently there is a subscription available for android that allows multiple lines. I would love to be able to use TrueCaller on both of my phone numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Share on WhatsApp

Ok

• Like 1
  • Share on WhatsApp

What do you mostly use the Androids

Call recording

Truecaller Assistant

verified badge

• Share on WhatsApp

On 4/30/2024 at 11:26 PM, GabrielForsberg said:

Hey Benniem
1. Is this when you're looking up a number on Truecaller from Apple's phone app?
2. This shouldn't happen, if it keeps happening please reach out to our support and they should be able to help you.
3. I understand, I will leave your input to the team. What are the features you feel like you're missing out on if you're not a Premium user?

Thanks for your response - when I get an unwanted call /message I click “info”, then “share contact”, then “Truecaller”. It used to take me straight into the Truecaller app but now I have to click “open the app” then I go into Truecaller. 

• Share on WhatsApp

Using TrueCaller on an iPhone has been a real hassle. When I get a call, I have to unlock my phone first to activate Siri (to have her check the caller ID), which I couldn't, I don't know how. So, I end up using TrueCaller only after the unidentified call has come through.

Could TrueCaller have its own duplicate address book that automatically identifies incoming foreign numbers and periodically (or even manually) updates the address book?

Basically, I want the phone number identification process to be more straightforward, without too many steps.

• Share on WhatsApp

hi. I am iPhone user. Previously I could see the status of people (from my address book) from my search numbers whether the number is online or when was the number last online. but now that feature is gone. I couldn’t check whether the number is still online or active. 

Will this feature back?

thanks

• Share on WhatsApp

I have an iPhone 6s now and used to have a mate xs2 and temporarily used a Huawei p40pro on both devices prior to the iPhone the Truecaller app worked perfectly but I have logged a complaint with regards to the app not operating properly on the iPhone since loading the app and every time I get a response after a few days that the problem has been resolved but nothing is different

so the problem is that when I get a call coming in it doesn’t reflect any info on true caller at all and only some individuals I have called via the Truecaller app info displays only after they have called me and we have spoken which makes the app useless to me and I am considering deleting it but basically just been hanging on knowing how well it worked on my other devices

• Share on WhatsApp

Just for some background all the permission have been ticked for the app to operate as per instruction via app as well as consultants when reporting the fault before

• Share on WhatsApp