Optional: Turn off Default app notice

TSHsoft

Hello TrueCaller Team,

I'm writing to bring to your attention a few concerns I've encountered while using the app. Firstly, I've noticed that upon opening the app, it occasionally goes into full-screen mode and prompts me to set it as the default dialer. Additionally, there's a persistent request to set the app as the default messaging app, which takes up about a 50% of the screen in the message tab and cannot be disabled.

As a paid subscriber, I'm a bit concerned about these persistent prompts and the feeling of being compelled to make these changes. I kindly request that these prompts be made more user-friendly and less intrusive.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I appreciate your efforts in making the app more user-friendly.

• Like 1
  • Share on WhatsApp

• Truecaller Team
On 9/1/2024 at 8:03 AM, TSHsoft said:

Hello TrueCaller Team,

I'm writing to bring to your attention a few concerns I've encountered while using the app. Firstly, I've noticed that upon opening the app, it occasionally goes into full-screen mode and prompts me to set it as the default dialer. Additionally, there's a persistent request to set the app as the default messaging app, which takes up about a 50% of the screen in the message tab and cannot be disabled.

As a paid subscriber, I'm a bit concerned about these persistent prompts and the feeling of being compelled to make these changes. I kindly request that these prompts be made more user-friendly and less intrusive.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I appreciate your efforts in making the app more user-friendly.

Hey, Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! I’ll make sure to pass it along to the team.

• Share on WhatsApp

I'm a paying subscriber since 2018.

I really enjoy the TrueCaller app, very useful in many ways. 

However, I total agree with @TSHsoft ! 

TrueCaller has persistent nagging reminders within the app GUI as (well as in the notification bar) suggesting to enable features I deliberately chose not to enable.

It's very annoying to keep getting these reminders with no way of dismissing them for good.

I suggest a very simple solution I've seen used in countless other apps: on every such reminder, add a checkbox "Don't show this again"

See attached screenshot. 

For your consideration. 

Thanks, 

GrifiN

Could contain: Text

Could contain: Computer, Electronics, Text, Phone, Mobile Phone

• Share on WhatsApp